The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2010. The Department offers B.E (CE) with a current annual intake of 120 students. The Department also offers the PG program (M.E. Structural Engineering) with a current annual intake of 18 students. The department is supported by well qualified faculty team in the field of specialization like Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management. Through effective teaching and learning process the department has produced one university rank holder under Anna University, Chennai All laboratories in the department are well equipped and they are maintained by qualified technical persons in each laboratory. The department is marching forward to achieve excellence in every field of specialization in Civil Engineering by conducting seminars, guest lectures and workshops on the latest developments.
The industrial visit and the experts lecture are arranged for the students regularly in order to enrich the practical knowledge of students in addition to their academics which in turn will make the students fit for practical field in their future. The effective functioning of the department also includes the motivation of students to do innovative projects in the final year by linking them with the practical industry. All in turn makes the department to glow up with the enthusiastic students with the support from energetic faculties.
To educate the students to face the challenges pertaining to Civil Engineering by maintaining continuous sprit on creativity, innovation, safety and ethics.
1. To inculcate knowledge through laboratory and field visit, apart from effective teaching-learning process.
2. To synergize the efforts of both students and staff to meet the ever-growing construction-needs of the industry.
3. To encourage the students to undertake research and consultancy works.
1. To make highly competent and technologically capable professionals.
2. Imbibe the leadership quality, professional ethics, environmental consciousness and social responsibilities.
3. Having an ability to become a good entrepreneur and to improve the management skills.
Dr.K.SasiekalaaProfessor and HeadEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile : 8754049224