About The Library
The College Library Established in 2008. Our library is kept open from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm without a break Bar Code Technology was introduced in 2011. Our library now functions in a full fledged manner and cater to the library needs of students and faculty members. Books and journals are easily accessible to both students and staffs.
The Primary objective of the library is to serve to the needs of our faculty, students and members of the library. It acts as a center for study and research for the inmates of the college giving way to integral department of users. Being a college Library attracts the users on non-deposit basis for academic and professional purpose.
The library aims at being a Resource Centre, a social institution a force for educational excellence by providing and Non-book materials, to promote good values, genuine human relationships, social consciousness, leadership capacities, and academic excellence in research and in teaching.
Automation of Library
The Library implemented KOHA – an open source software package which is an integrated library management system that supports all housekeeping operations of the Library. KOHA a very large user community spread across the globe and consists of modules on acquisition, cataloguing, circulation, serials and OPAC. The entire collection of the library has been catalogued and a comprehensive database of all book resources in the library has been created. A database of all Library patrons (members) has also been created using the KOHA package. The circulation processes of issuing books, return of books and reservation have been automated Records for all library members – students, faculty, officers and administrative staff are being migrated to the new computerized circulation system. The package has also been implemented for Acquisition and Cataloguing activities.
MAMCET Library has 23800 Volumes and 126 Journals and magazines.
All the books are mostly classified to Dewey decimal classification. Bay guides are available to access the books easily and all the books are arranged properly with bar coding facility. The open access system is followed to make the process of locating books very easy to the users. The Library is fully automated and OPAC facility is provided.
LIBRARY PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING SERVICES TO ITS READERS
- ➢Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- ➢Circulation Service: (Books issue / return / renewal)
- ➢Reference Service.
- ➢Selective Dissemination of Information Service (SDI)
- ➢Current Awareness Service (CAS)
- ➢Institution Repository (Using D Space)
- ➢Internet Service
- ➢Photo copy service
- ➢E_Mail Service
||No. of. Books
- ➢ Books will be issued only on production of valid user ID card.
- ➢Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- ➢Books will have to be physically present for renewals.
- ➢For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected Rs.1 per day.
- ➢Users are requested to collect receipts for fine amount paid by them.
- ➢Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- ➢Users are required to switch of f the lights and fans when not required or while leaving the reading halls.
- 1. Open Access System is followed in the Library.
- 2.Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the library
- 3.Mobile phone to be switched off inside the Library
- 4.Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual Wears are strictly prohibited inside the Library.
- 5.Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card other valuables in the handbag outside the library. These items are liable to be lost. The library does not accept any reasonability for loss of any valuables left at the property counter.
- 6.Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books again inside the Library.
- 7.If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- 8.Books will be issued to the members only on producing the Membership card.
- 9.If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as May decided by the librarian.
- 10. Membership Cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued to students, faculties on the Member ship Card of Others.
- 11. Books will be issued to availability only.
- 12. No sub-Lending of book is permitted.
- 13. Any kind of Marking, Underlining, and clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- 14. Absence from the College will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- 15. Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any number without assigning any reason thereof.
- 16. No remainders will be issued to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- 17. The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his/her original or duplicate Library Member ID Card.
- 18. Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.
- 19. New book received will be on display for a week.
- 20. The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. form the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the College.
- 21. Library timings details of fine structure are displayed on the Library Notice Boards.
- 22. Overnight issue is available for selected reference books/ periodicals/project reports for faculty only.
- 23. The Librarian may take discretion to suspend the library membership and the library services, to the borrowers who fail to return the library materials of fail to pay fine charges or misbehavior etc. after due notification.
- 24.No dues certificate shall be issued to users only after submission Of books/documents/fine only.
NOTE:The above rules are intended to regulate the use of Library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs.
Any changes in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when required.