The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2009. The Department offers B.E (Mechanical) from 2009 with a current annual intake of 60 students. The departmental intake was increased to 120 from 2011 onwards. The Department of Mechanical Engineering emphasizes the fields of Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, Production Engineering and Computer Aided Applications so as to facilitate the evolution of skills in students to help them attain a higher degree of knowledge, global competency and excellence, for the betterment of the society.
The PG course namely M.E CAD/CAM was started in 2012.
The faculty members are highly motivated and devoted to deliver the highest quality professional education to students and to develop core competencies and research. The Department has an excellent track record of organizing various seminars, workshops, symposium and conferences in areas of emerging technology. The placement record of the department had always been impressive. The Department labs are well equipped with latest equipments, software and Hardware. E- Learning resources are provided to students through Moodle Learning Management System.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is committed to blossom into Centre of Excellence, Outsourcing dedicated and competent engineers to shoulder the responsibilities of transforming the nation into a technologically, socially and culturally advanced one.
1. Constantly updating the departmental resources, faculty and other infrastructure by acquiring state of the art equipments and by imparting constant in service training to the faculty and supporting staff.
2. Providing state of the art education and training to the students.
3. Motivating students to excel by augmenting their knowledge to continuing education programme.
4. Inculcating the feeling of oneness and service to humanity, in the minds of students to serve the society better. Carrying out purposeful research.
1. Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Programme will Practice Mechanical Engineering in the general stems of design, manufacture, service and allied engineering sectors
2. Habituate continuous learning and carry out research and development in science, engineering and technology that supports career growth Exhibit ethical code of conduct in a professional manner to solve real – time multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
3. Demonstrate managerial and leadership capabilities that supports economic development of firms as well as society.
Mr.C.SasidharanHead of the DepartmentEmail: email@example.com